Hourly Rate of Pay: £8.75
Hours per week: To provide cover as required.
Reporting to: Services Manager
Sight Support Hull and East Yorkshire is a well-established charity based in Hull supporting people with visual impairment. We believe no-one in Hull & East Yorkshire should have to face sight loss alone and every visually impaired person can enjoy the same opportunities and quality of life as those who are fully sighted.
An opportunity has arisen for a Casual Driver/Activity Coordinator to join our team.The post holder will be responsible for providing a safe and considerate transport service, to collect members from their homes and bring them to the Sight Support Day Groups as well as organise interesting activities for the members to undertake throughout the day.
- To drive a minibus to collect attendees of the Day Groups.
- Help serve lunches and refreshments.
- Devise, organise and participate in afternoon activities.
- Complete daily vehicle checks and records.
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent driving skills with previous experience of driving a mini bus.
- Clean driving license
- A D1 classification on driving license is essential to the post.
- Good communication skills.
- Previous experience of working with people with visual impairment is desirable.
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work additional hours when required.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Willing to undertake training relevant to working with visually impaired people.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position please contact Gill Wright on 01482 342297 or by sending an email to email@example.com for more information or an application pack. Completed application forms should be returned marked Private and Confidential to Gill Wright, Sight Support Hull & East Yorkshire, 466 Beverley Road, Hull HU5 1NF or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. no later than 5pm on Friday 29th March 2019.
Interviews will take placeweek commencing Monday 15th April 2019. If you have not heard by this date, then please accept that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Please note, applications received which are not on the official application form will not be considered.