Following the recent announcement by the Prime Minister about new lock down restrictions, we would like to clarify that our priority remains the health and safety of staff, volunteers and service users and we have therefore taken the decision to close our offices.
Our telephone lines remain open Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm. If you need urgent support, please call us on 01482 342297 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recognise that it is vital that people with sight loss are able to contact us for support with anything that they are worrying about or struggling with during these difficult times, and our dedicated staff can continue to offer expert advice, guidance and, perhaps most of all, reassurance.
Our staff will be working from home to continue to provide a number of key support services including:
- Proactive welfare calls to all people on our database with priority being given to the most vulnerable of our service users i.e. those living alone and/or with little family support.
- Regular welfare calls to all tenants of Beech Holme Court.
- Regular befriending calls continue to be made by our team of volunteer befrienders.
- Providing assistance with the collection and delivery of shopping and medical prescriptions to vulnerable visually impaired people by both volunteers and staff
- Providing transport assistance to attend Covid-19 vaccinations.
Our online services including Talking Tech, Speakers Corner, Esme's friends and our online SocialEYES quizzes will also continue to take place.
If you would like to attend or take part in any of these activities, or if you need support, please get in touch. Call us on 01482 342297 or email email@example.com.
We know that life is difficult at the moment and many of our supporters simply cannot afford to make donations right now and we completely understand. Instead, any help you can give to raise awareness of our charity would be wonderful. Perhaps follow us on Facebook and Twitter too? However, if you are able and would like to donate during these very challenging times, we would be extremely grateful. Simply click on this link: Donate today.
Thank you and please stay safe.