We are living in unprecedented times and Sight Support Hull & East Yorkshire are following the government’s guidelines in relation to social distancing. This is especially important as a large majority of our service users fall into high risk category groups in relation to the potential effects of the Coronavirus; over 70 years of age and/or underlying health conditions, therefore:
- With immediate effect all day groups and social group activities have been suspended. Regular welfare calls will be made to all social group members over the coming weeks and months.
- Our Community Advice Officers will be working as usual but advice will be given over the telephone rather than in person.
In extreme cases, if a visit is felt necessary, each case will be assessed on a case by case basis.
- Our main offices and Resource Centre currently remain open however this may change in the very near future. We would request that anyone wishing to visit telephone us on 01482 342297 prior to doing so. Where possible all queries will be answered via telephone.
- We will be looking to support any service users who are self-isolating, regardless of whether or not they regularly attend our centre or any of our activities, by offering a home delivery service for essential shopping and medication. We are currently establishing procedures for this service, however if you don’t have any family, friends or neighbours who can support you in these tasks, please contact us now to register your interest.
- Under the present circumstances it is impossible to say how long these measures will be in place and, we may need to restrict our operations further, but we will be issuing regular updates. Please continue to visit our website, Facebook and other social media pages for our up-to-date information.
We will continue to support all service users in the best and safest way possible for all concerned. During this time you will still be able to
We are not claiming that our services will operate at the same level of efficiency, but we are determined to continue to support all our service users in the very best way we can. We hope that this offers peace of mind and provides some reassurance that support is still available to you.
Chief Executive Officer
t: 01482 342297