Salary £16,500 - £17,000 dependant on experience
Hours per week: 20 to be agreed and to include one evening and one weekend day per month.
Sight Support Hull and East Yorkshire is a well-established charity based in Hull supporting people with visual impairment. We believe no-one in Hull & East Yorkshire should have to face sight loss alone and every visually impaired person can enjoy the same opportunities and quality of life as those who are fully sighted.
Our Tenant Support Officer offers support primarily to the 23 tenants of the Beech Holme Courts Supported Housing properties, adjacent to Sight Support.
The role also provides additional support to the Community Advice Service in the wider Hull area; this involves visiting visually impaired people in their own homes and providing an information and support service.
- Provide appropriate support to promote positive health and wellbeing for all tenants including arranging social activities.
- Provide advice on benefits and services available for visually impaired people and, if necessary, help with completion of benefit forms.
- Visit tenants in their properties to assess support needs, demonstrate equipment and refer on to other services.
It is essential that you:-
Have experience of working in a customer focused role providing information and support.
- Are a confident IT user, including databases.
- Are able to use initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Have excellent organisational and administration skills
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a full driving licence with use of a vehicle
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position please contact Gill Wright on 01482 342297 or by sending an email to email@example.com for more information or an application pack. Completed application forms should be returned marked Private and Confidential to Gill Wright, Sight Support Hull & East Yorkshire, 466 Beverley Road, Hull HU5 1NF or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. no later than Friday 15th June 5pm.
Tenant Support Officer Job Description
Interviews will take place Monday 25th June 2018. If you haven’t heard by this date, then please accept that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Please note, applications received which are not on the official application form will not be considered.