Would you like to help us create a world without barriers for people with sight loss?
Salary: £16,000 - £18,000 (pro rata)
Hours per week: Flexible 21hrs per week (Evening and weekend work may be involved)
Salary and hours to be negotiated dependent upon qualifications and experience
Sight Support Hull and East Yorkshire is a well-established charity based in Hull supporting people with visual impairment. We believe no-one in Hull & East Yorkshire should have to face sight loss alone and every visually impaired person can enjoy the same opportunities and quality of life as those who are fully sighted.
An opportunity has arisen for a Volunteer Coordinator to join our team.
The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of volunteering within the charity including promoting the organisation’s volunteering opportunities and recruiting new volunteers to support the charity in all aspects of its work.
- Generating appropriate volunteering opportunities and role descriptions based on the needs of the organisation
- Promoting volunteering through publicity strategies, campaigns, talks/presentations to attract new volunteers
- Organising profile-raising events to attract new volunteers
- Interviewing and recruiting volunteers including providing inductions and training
- Establishing good working relationships with external agencies across different sectors in order to promote volunteering opportunities and recruit new volunteers
- Celebrating volunteering by nominating volunteers for awards and organising celebration events
- Monitoring and evaluating volunteering activities and writing reports for managers and trustees
It is essential that:-
A full clean driving license and use of a car, for the purposes of visiting organisations and assisting volunteers with travel, is required.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position please contact Gill Wright on 01482 342297 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or an application pack. Completed application forms should be returned marked Private and Confidential to Gill Wright, Sight Support Hull & East Yorkshire, 466 Beverley Road, Hull HU5 1NF or by email to email@example.com. no later than 5pm on Tuesday 12th February 2019.
Interviews will take place week commencing 25th February 2019. If you haven’t heard by this date, then please accept that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Please note, applications received which are not on the official application form will not be considered.