- Trek 58kms through one of the planet’s most volcanic regions
- Weave through vast steaming lava fields
- Walk against a background of multi-coloured rocks
- Camp in some of Europe’s most spectacular and unusual terrain
- Bathe aching limbs in the Blue Lagoon
Home to some of Europe’s most incredible landscapes, the Iceland Lava Trek takes in thundering waterfalls, steaming lava fields, plunging fjords and spouting geysers. Crossing the phenomenal Landmannalaugar, the route is through one of the most actively volcanic and alien landscapes in Iceland, providing awe-inspiring views at every step.
The duration may be short, but the days are long and the terrain is very challenging, with steep climbs and rough descents. In addition, you’ll also be in charge of setting up and breaking down camp, making this a truly tough challenge. But don’t fear - on completing your challenge you have the chance rest aching limbs in the famous Blue Lagoon.
Visit the Charity Challenge website to find out more about all the challenges available, costs, itinerary and other information.