- Conquer the imperial masterpiece of the Ming dynasty
- Test yourself against thousands of challenging steps
- Triumph over the crumbling, twisting pathways of the Yan Mountains
- Savour the timeless landscapes and time-weathered watchtowers
- Enjoy the cultural highlights of China's bustling capital city
Appropriately named one of the ‘New Wonders of the World, the Great Wall of China is a truly iconic location – perfect for a Charity Challenge.
Originally constructed to defend China against the nomadic tribes, the Great Wall Discovery is a thrilling challenge of twists, turns, ups and downs. Beginning four hours north of Beijing, this week-long challenge tackles a series of vigorous climbs totalling over 10,000 uneven steps. The trek will follow the winding path along the Yan Mountains to the Gubeikou Gateway and takes on the famous ‘heavenly staircase’. Exhaustion will quickly be replaced with wonder as you savour the sweeping views of the surrounding mountain ranges.
The challenge ends in the vast metropolis of Beijing, with time to explore the cultural highlights of China’s historic capital.
Our expert English speaking guides will be with you every step of the way, managing your challenge and providing historical context to the Great Wall and its surroundings.
Visit the Charity Challenge website to find out more about all the challenges available, costs, itinerary and other information.