You will be responsible for providing support to our management and staff within our Head Office. From updating and inputting data onto the computer to scanning documents and filing, answering telephone calls and assisting with general tasks. You will be helping to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the charity.
- To answer incoming telephone calls, provide basic information or transfer calls to appropriate staff.
- To accurately relay messages to staff.
- To update digital databases as required.
- To assist with filing and general office duties.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- Good communication skills & friendly telephone manner.
- Basic computer literacy.
- To be reliable and have a genuine interest in the desire to make a difference in the lives of visually impaired people.
Support provided to you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Sight Support HEY.
- Other training as identified
- Regular newsletters, updates and news from the Volunteer Coordinator at Sight Support HEY
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs (where pre-approved)
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer Administration Assistant, please contact Sight Support on 01482 342297 or complete the enquiry form below and we will be in touch.