This new and exciting opportunity will allow you to spend quality time with some four legged friends whilst their owners are enjoying a workout. Although the guide dogs would love to join in the exercise, sadly the space does not allow, so you will be responsible for staying with the dogs and ensuring they are kept safe in their owner’s absence.
- To ensure guide dogs are kept safe
- To guide owners to and from area where dogs are being kept.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- A friendly, confident and approachable manner.
- Experience working with and handling dogs.
- To be reliable and have a genuine interest in the desire to make a difference to the lives of visually impaired people.
- An interest in meeting and chatting with people.
Support provided to you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Sight Support HEY.
- Other training as identified
- Regular newsletters, updates and news from the Volunteer Coordinator at Sight Support HEY
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs (where pre-approved)
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer Dog Sitter, please contact Sight Support on 01482 342297 or complete the inquiry form below and we will be in touch.