We all want to remain independent and when someone experiences sight loss for the first time this can cause difficulties at home. There are many simple aids that can remove obstacles, however, quite often people are not aware of what is available.
Our Resource Centre on Beverley Road in Hull offers a wide variety of equipment to help with the practical issues of sight loss including:
• Signature guides, large print calendars and diaries
• Talking clocks and watches
• Talking bathroom and kitchen scales
• DAB radios
• Lamps and daylight bulbs
• Anti-glare glasses and visors
• Electronic, desktop and portable magnifiers.
• Walking sticks and canes
• And much more
Our friendly staff are available to help you find the right product for your needs. We can advise on the most useful pieces of equipment and provide support ordering products. We can also provide information and knowledge on specific pieces of equipment and research items on request.
Please note: Some smaller items are available for purchase; however most items are subject to order.
Until further notice, our Resource Centre will only open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10am to 12pm and 1pm to 3pm.
This is strictly on an appointment only basis to ensure we can safely adhere to government Covid-19 safety guidance. To help keep you safe:
- The number of people permitted in the Resource Centre is being restricted to help us follow social distancing guidelines.
- People must attend alone unless they need a carer.
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment, you will not be admitted until your appointment time.
- We will require you to wear a mask while you are in the Resource Centre and use the hand sanitiser provided.
- If you have a new, persistent cough, high temperature or a loss or change to your sense of taste or smell, or have been in contact with anyone who has Coronavirus, do not attend this appointment - please telephone us to rearrange your appointment.
To book an appointment, please call us on 01482 342297. We look forward to being of assistance.