Sight Support holds fundraising collections at supermarkets, shopping centres, sports clubs and town centres throughout the year. Our volunteers help to collect donations but also raise awareness of Sight Support's work and services.
- To contact local venues across the region to arrange fundraising collections.
- To coordinate volunteers on a rota basis to provide cover for fundraising collections.
- To ensure visually impaired volunteers are able to access the venues safely and to assist with transport where required.
- To maximise income from fundraising collections using a variety of donation methods including contactless.
- To ensure all donations are securely returned to Sight Support Office.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- Good written communication skills.
- Experience at event planning would be desirable.
- Friendly and outgoing with good verbal communication skills.
- A confident manner when talking to members of the public.
Support provided to you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Sight Support HEY.
- Other training as identified.
- Regular newsletters, updates and news from the Volunteer Coordinator at Sight Support HEY.
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs (where pre-approved).
If you are interested in becoming a Fundraising Collections Coordinator, please contact Sight Support on 01482 342297 or complete the enquiry form below and we will be in touch.