Enjoy watching your gardening ideas and hard work come to fruition by overseeing the development and maintenance of the garden areas at our centre in Hull and Beech Holme Court for the enjoyment of our blind and partially sighted service users.
- Planting, pruning, sowing seeds, weeding and continued upkeep of the garden areas.
- Development of ideas for improvements to garden areas.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- Previous gardening experience or gardening knowledge.
- Moderate level of fitness.
Support provided to you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Sight Support HEY.
- Other training as identified
- Regular newsletters, updates and news from the Volunteer Coordinator at Sight Support HEY
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs (where pre-approved)
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer Gardener, please contact Sight Support on 01482 342297 or complete the enquiry form below and we will be in touch.